Today’s State of the Game stream is over and after Xbox.com’s leak of a potential release date, we have finally got the official confirmation that Update 1.5 and Survival will be released next Tuesday, November 22nd, for Xbox One and PC first.
Unfortunately, players on PS4 will have to hold on a couple of more days for the free Update 1.5 itself and around one additional month (before Christmas!) for The Division’s second major expansion Survival.
After the PTS shutdown earlier this week, the developers wanted to highlight some more changes as they weren’t really happy about the data they have gained throughout the test phase. This is just an update of the current patch notes (#1, #2), the final patch notes can be expected to be available on Monday.
- Weapon Talent requirements on 256 Gear Score weapons have been reduced to be more consistent with the already existing attribute requirement scaling.
- Enemy Armor Damage stays a minor attribute and applies in PvP.
- Stagger now functions in PvP, but works differently than in PvE: High-stagger weapons (Shotguns and Marksman Rifles primarily) will now cause the target’s aim to flinch.
- Hip fire now has stronger recoil than aiming down sights.
- NPCs now have a chance to drop crafting materials.
- MG5 accuracy and damage has been reduced.
- MP7 is receiving a damage buff of around 9%.
- Provident has been removed from weapons that drop in Tier 5 (and have 256 GS).
- Tactical Advance has been capped at 30%.
- Exclusive 1.3 Weapon Talents can now be rolled on all weapons of the specific weapon classes.
- The DirectX 12 Renderer mode will not make it into Update 1.5.
- Fixed a bug with Judie Walters Echo in the mega-map. All ECHOs should be unlockable now.
- Level 34 Gear Mods have been added.
Also consoles received a couple of more balancing changes and bugfixes:
- Xbox chat has been fixed and will work again after Update 1.5 drops.
- M870 has been nerfed by 12%.
- Headshot base bonus has been reduced from 80% to 60%.
- Lowered the strengths of aim assist for shotguns.
- Lowered the affect of Accuracy for Shotguns.
- Showstopper accuracy has been reduced while in cover.
Thankfully they have also clarified whether it would make sense to hoard Sealed Caches until Update 1.5 drops or not.
- “Caches that were purchased from the vendor before Update 1.5 will automatically drop items at Gear Score 163.” This is due to scaling adjustments for vendors and everything purchased before will be considered level 30 (Gear Score 163) quality.
- “All the other caches have the Gear Score of the items within them determined when they are looted.”
Because of the fact that new types of weapons and gear in Update 1.5 are Tier 5 exclusive, there is no reason to wait, especially when you have bought them, so open them now and have fun!