Baptist2091

Barrett's vest

9 posts in this topic

I know to some this may sound like a silly question..But,Are you running it in challenge mode?

I only ask because I know some people that thought it would drop in hard mode as well and it won't..They spent a lot of time running LEC  on hard mode going for that chest.

I'm having a hard time on the knee pads dropping for myself..

I have been running this solo on challenge mode on an average of 8 to 10 hours a day as my job is seasonal. I have put in a little over some 1200 to 1500 hours as it is now the only game I play I still have yet to get them and the only drop I have gotten this whole time is the colonel bliss knee pads and shortbow champion knee pads so I am guessing it is a really random for some and to often for others..I o.K. with the fact I don't have them it just shows if they were that easy everyone would have them...Now does it hurt ur odds to run solo?? I hope not as I really don't have no one to run with and joining a lobby can sometimes just get frustrating so all I know to do and will as we speak now is farm farm farm..

On 2/2/2017 at 4:19 PM, BuckFever said:

I have been running this solo on challenge mode on an average of 8 to 10 hours a day as my job is seasonal. I have put in a little over some 1200 to 1500 hours as it is now the only game I play I still have yet to get them and the only drop I have gotten this whole time is the colonel bliss knee pads and shortbow champion knee pads so I am guessing it is a really random for some and to often for others..I o.K. with the fact I don't have them it just shows if they were that easy everyone would have them...Now does it hurt ur odds to run solo?? I hope not as I really don't have no one to run with and joining a lobby can sometimes just get frustrating so all I know to do and will as we speak now is farm farm farm..

All I do is run solo myself..It hasn't hurt me at all..I just make sure I'm in Tier 5..

I was running LEC 5 times a day..Mainly for my D3 FENC build I was working on..I wasn't even really grinding for the named chest.. When the chest piece dropped for me,I decided to run it again right away. The very next run,the showstopper dropped..

So I ran it again right away ,just to see if maybe I was in some sort of groove..But nothing dropped on the last one..

The chest piece that I did get from LEC, rolled with mostly skill build stats..Luckily I have a decent skill build to use it with.. my other builds  it's pretty useless with, other than the talents it has..

I've gotten all the gear pieces but the two that you have.. It seems like when I'm trying for them,they never drop..

I've got like 6 pair of the skills gloves that do me no good with my builds I use..

Even had the MDR drop just the other day from survival..it does me no good either, being a single shot assault rifle with hella recoil..lol

I think it's just the roll of the dice.. Most games I've played,I never do so well with drops.  I've looked around to try to see what the drop rate is on the named gear,but can't ever find those numbers anywhere..

Edited to add:

I just opened a survival cache this morning and got another MDR  lol

Although,I do open a lot of those a day.. Survival has been eating all my play time lately..

It is pure luck. I know people who bought the game and got the drop on the first run. I know people who stopped playing and first day back they got it. I also know people who don't care much for the named items, yet they own every single one of them. I own 1. Until recently I finally got a ninjabike backpack. Which is useless to say the least. I gave up on hunting. It has sapped me dry. The grind in this game, since it is forever changing, is redundant. There is no point to the endless grind. I still to this day have never found a caduceus, midas(When I actually did, it did not end up in the dz stash.), bliss's, shortbow.. Just the backpack. I have given up on the game at this point. it is sad for the fact I spent 15 days straight of 8 hours plus and not getting anything valuable. not to mention that the 15 day run was after doing Lex almost everyday for a few(3-5) hours since November/December(Running Solo or with a crew). 

Even if it was two and a half to three months of doing that same mission every single day, to have nothing of value show up, is just horrible. When I say nothing, I mean nothing. Bad armor rolls, lowest stamina, skill or firepower. Nomad like crazy. Snipers, when I never use them and a lot of performance mods. Enough performance mods that i received 4 four item drops from Larea, all of which had 2 performance mods. I haven't done a run on any mission in weeks. This maybe a complaint or me bitching but i am telling it how i have experienced it. Not fun. Not enjoyable. Burned me out of this game.

I know you can't always get what you want. But I have felt like I worked/grinded my ass off for something that has never or will never show up. And to the people who say keep trying it will show up.. Well it hasn't. Being positive don't mean shit with an evil RnG. RnG doesn't care about positive vibes hahaha.

end rant/complaint/whining/bitching

Yea,the RNG gods are pretty rough on handing out god rolls for sure..

I  burn more gear than i can count into materials and just hope for something I can calibrate into something decent..

Sure would be nice to get more inventory space,that's for sure..lol

I'm trying to do it but I don't know how some of you can run this shit so many times in one sitting. I get bored of the same mission.... and for what? A vest that might not even be as good as what I've already got? 

On 2/13/2017 at 8:21 PM, kLunksy said:

I'm trying to do it but I don't know how some of you can run this shit so many times in one sitting. I get bored of the same mission.... and for what? A vest that might not even be as good as what I've already got? 

LEC takes about 10 minutes a run just doing it solo for me.. I don't grind for the named pieces..I just grind the places where my set pieces drop the most..

D3-FNC drops well for me at LEC..One other set drops there a lot for me also..I just can't remember which one at the moment..

Named items are just a bonus if they drop..Half the time the only good thing about them is the talents..

The stats on any I have need rolled on..

Would be nice if they actually had some gear that  was a must have because of being so awesome..

It's all pretty much just an RNG fest ..

Nothing like being in survival and opening 3 masks in a row on the same roof..lol